03/05/2009

The Selmer SE001 (3)




The following set of photos shows the bracing of the top; some special methods had to be invented as the top is very much bulged, and I did not use the construction method of the Selmer factory but the "Spanish" method that I used on my previous guitars. The top photo shows my specially built mold, used for clamping the top during almost the whole of construction. This picture was taken at th Instrument Museum of Brussels, while ILSA had a week-long exposition running there for their 25th anniversary.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Coen
    The petit bouce is looking good!
    I'm curious about the "spanish" mold you use for the top. How was it made?

    Kind regards
    Wim

    ReplyDelete
  2. O o I made a typo: I mean petit bouche of course.

    ReplyDelete