25/05/2009

Preparations of the baritone guitar have started










































Started work on my electric baritone guitar yesterday; I am currently drawing the build plan by hand and meanwhile determining some of the specifications. It wil be a 6-string full-body electric, with a string length (scale) of 29 inch or 736.6 millimeters. The body shape is of course taken from the Maccaferri-Selmer guitar, but I'm going to change the cutaway somewhat to resemble that of a Gretsch. The headstock will be loosely inspired by Guild.
This baritone will be tuned C-c. The hardware is as yet not determined (tuners, bridge, tremolo) but I have already made preparations to install hand-wound pickups by Steffsen ( www.steffsen.be ). The coming weeks you will be able to follow progress on this very interesting project here; to me it's very interesting because a baritone guitar is very different in stringing, setup, tuning... Hopefully I will encounter some minor problems that will be very educational!
Here are some pictures of my workshop and the drawing table...

No comments:

Post a Comment