27/05/2009

Bartione guitar BA001: update

I have started drawing the plan: the body and neck are coming into being. I have however changed the plan to adapt the Selmer-shape with a Gretsch-style cutaway; it would leave a small, awkward bout to fit the volume control button. So I will stick to the traditional Selmer-cutaway, a shape of which I am pretty satisfied. In a few days time I will add enough detail to the drawing to start working on the actual body. That will be made of 'masonite', a MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) press-glued wood material as used by the Danelectro company. It provides enough sustain and dark tonality for a twangy baritone, I am told... We'll see, if not satisfactory I can still put the bolt-on neck and hardware on a real wooden body later...

No comments:

Post a Comment